Junior Chamber International Mariehamn r.f. in short JCI Mariehamn is a voluntary, idealistic and non-profit association in Åland, which is an autonomous part of Finland.
Junior Chamber International is a worldwide federation of young leaders and entrepreneurs and the first local organization was founded in 1915. JCI has members representing more than 100 different nationalities. JCI’s mission is to contribute to the advancement of the global community by providing the opportunity for young people to develop the leadership skills, social responsibility, entrepreneurship and fellowship necessary to create positive change. The leadership skills of the members are continuously developed through trainings, seminars and projects.
The JCI network is an international network of local chapters, such as JCI Mariehamn. In Finland there are 71 chapters with about 2200 members and globally there are about 5000 chapters and 200 000 members. Junior Chamber activities are carried out locally, nationally and internationally. JCI presents great opportunities for international contacts through national and international conferences and trainings. Since entrepreneurship is a main theme in everything that the junior chamber does, all the activities are mostly carried out as projects. This allows the members to both influence how the project should be executed and take responsibility of the finances.
JCI also provides its members with an extensive network of contacts, both professionally and private. Neither should you overlook the social events – there are plenty of opportunities for both relaxation and festivities.
JCI Mariehamn was founded in 1964 and 2016 there are 30 members, 9 trial members, 6 honorary members och 18 senators. The members are between 25 and 40 years old.
JCI Mariehamn have five twinning chapters:
- JCI Stockholm Since June 6th 2003
- JCI Riga Since November 6th 2003.
- JCI Toompea from Tallinn, since January 22nd 2005.
- Havis Amandan Nuorkauppakamari in Helsinki, since June 6th 2008.
- JCI Martinique since 2008.
The board of 2016
- Chairman of the Board, PRES Alexander Östergård: pres (at) jcimariehamn.ax
- VP1/ IND Annica Brink: ind (at) jcimariehamn.ax
- VP2/ INT Simon Holmström: int (at) jcimariehamn.ax
- MC Elina Lindroos: mc (at) jcimariehamn.ax
- SECY Terhi Metsola: treas (at) jcimariehamn.ax
- IPP Rasmus Basilier: ipp (at) jcimariehamn.ax
info (at) jcimariehamn.ax